Thursday, October 25, 2012

meatloaf, type B

I couldn't remember my mom's meatloaf recipe exactly, and I prefer a "throw stuff in a bowl and see what happens" kind of a cook anyway. Here's what I did - partly from memory and partly from improvisation:

We had a 3-pound roll of ground beef. I cut it in quarters, put three quarters in the freezer, and put the other quarter in the bowl. (Bonus question: how much beef did I use?)

I ripped up two slices of bread (boring bread is better) and put them in the bowl.

Added two eggs.

Chopped up a half an onion and added that.

Also, some thyme, rosemary, and black pepper.

Mushed it all around in the bowl with a big fork.

Dumped it into a bread pan and patted it all down with the fork so it's flat on top. (We've got super non-stick bread pans, so I didn't grease it. I don't know if you should grease a regular pan or not.)

Stuck it in the oven at 350.

The plan is to eat it once it's not pink in the middle. I have no idea how long that will take. I'm gonna go check it now...

No comments:

Post a Comment