Thursday, September 27, 2012

What I Eat When I Want To Eat My Feelings

I made this for dinner two days ago because I got home from work late, I didn't feel like doing anything involved, and I was really cranky (I forget why, though). I made it again the next day because I liked it so much. This is how you make it:

First, you chop up an individual serving size of broccoli. Pour a splash of oil in a pan, toss in your broccoli, and let it sautee for a few minutes. When it's starting to get that bright greenish color, add two spoonfuls of dijon mustard (I use Grey Poupon because it makes me feel fancy) and a splash of apple cider vinegar. Keep cooking the broccoli for another minute or two, and stir it around so it gets coated in the mustard. Trust me.

While that's going on, toast your bagel and slice up a hunk of eye-wateringly sharp white cheddar. Stick the pieces of cheese on the bagel.

Open a beer and watch something really stupid on TV. It's a pretty sad-looking plate of food, but it will make you feel better, guaranteed.


No comments:

Post a Comment